The Word of God is a precious thing that we should treat as a luxury. The more deeply we indulge in the Word, the more understanding, absolute, unbreakable, and radiant we become. The word allows us to reach a potential that is unattainable otherwise. It holds secrets that comfort, teach, and expand us like nothing else can.
I recently experienced a moment where I realized that no matter how many minutes I have left on this earth, I will never have enough time to learn as much as I wish I could. And in a way, it was the best feeling. Even though I know I’ll never be able to learn it all, I am driven to experience as much as I possibly can with the time God has allotted for me.
Pick one verse and sit in awe for a little while. Let your mind begin to unravel the secrets within the words. Ask God to show you deeper levels of the verse and open your eyes to the meaning and how it applies to your life personally.
Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law- Psalm 119:18
Strategies for meditating:
- Visualize it – Picture the scene in your mind.
- Repeat it – Say the verse aloud and emphasize different words each time.
- Paraphrase it – Rewrite the verse in your own words. You can look up the verse in different versions of the Bible to help you create a paraphrase of your own.
- Apply it – Replace pronouns or people in the verse with your name to give it intimacy. Think about how it relates to different aspects of your life. Health, finances, struggles, friends & family, work, worries, self, etc.
- Pray it – Turn the verse into a prayer and say it to God.
The things learned during meditation are awe-inspiring treasures. Keep a pen & paper near by and set an alarm because trust me, time flies! Best of luck